curvyjones

Books and the Readers who read them

Book blog

Chocolate & Vicodin: My Quest for Relief from the Headache that Wouldn't Go Away - Jennette Fulda Finished this book in about a day... very compelling read. I’ve been an avid reader of PastaQueen for nearly three years. Back when I was trying to lose some weight (never did manage to outrun those lbs, the suckers) I was looking for inspiration and someone linked her blog and I was hooked, right away. I love a success story, and when Jennette Fulda, the Queen of Pasta herself, announced that she was writing a book, I was ultra excited.

Chocolate and Vicodin is her second book, about the headache that is like the Little Engine That Could. Since February 2008, Jennette has had a constant headache. At a time in her life when she should be deliriously happy and celebrating, she is knocked to her knees by debilitating head pain. My father suffers from chronic migraines and back pain on a constant basis, has for as long as I can remember. I have friends who are migraine sufferers. If nothing, Chocolate and Vicodin brings the experience home and puts it into words which are down to earth and even humorous. I don’t know how Jennette does it… if I’d had a headache for 3 years, I would be pretty unbearable right now.

I cried on page 96 and laughed on page 113. In fact, I laughed on every other page. Jennette's natural dry humor and wit give this book a great personality. I really enjoyed it. Well done.