curvyjones

Books and the Readers who read them

Book blog

Caught Up In You (Loving on the Edge #4)

Caught Up In You (Loving on the Edge #4) - Roni Loren I feel like it's a little unfair for me to review a Roni Loren book because I love all of her books. Caught Up in You is no exception. There are some writers that make weaving a great tale full of drama and sinful ecstasy seem effortless. In my opinion, Roni is one of them.

It's been so long since I read Crash Into You (and frankly I was so excited to read it, I jumped right in and read it in about four hours) that I felt like I needed a little bit of a primer on who is related to whom from previous novels. No worries, there's enough back story to give you the idea that Kelsey is Brynn's sister (from Crash) and Wyatt is Jace's brother (from Melt).

FIRST OF ALL, Wyatt is damn hot. In my personal life, I swoon over a Beta Male but these Alpha Male's that Roni writes are really starting to turn my head. The other attraction that carries into my personal life is my love for the nerd and Wyatt is definitely one HOT nerd. Also vulnerable and flawed with a bit of a secret to hide and a stand to make-- makes for an awesome hero.

I had a bit of a harder time connecting with Kelsey. I felt like she fell into the role of the submissive very easily. Kelsey and Wyatt are both dominants and in my mind, I think I expected much more wrestling-- both for the role of the person in control and within Kelsey, against her nature. Though she did fight it, she piped up with 'sir' awfully quickly. Those submissive behaviors and tendencies started to take over pretty soon, to me. It was something I could let go of, but it niggled. I also found it interesting that instead of becoming a victim, Kelsey harnessed her need to be in control into something she could work with at the ranch. As always I am impressed with the level of detail that goes into revealing how the Ranch works.

More importantly, I was caught up in the trauma of Kelsey navigating life after addiction, sexual assault and abuse. It takes a lot of effort and courage to step out of a past and become whole and reading Kelsey make that transformation was like watching the movie in my head. I've always said, if I'm not practically casting it, I just can't dig it. This would make a great screenplay, I think!

Since I am not into the BDSM lifestyle (I love the love story and read the kink with one eye closed, LOL), I always have to gear myself up, but again, Roni weaves D/s into a beautiful story line that leaves me cheering for both sides. This book didn't seem nearly as kink-filled as the previous.

Or maybe I'm just used to it now.

Caught Up in You is another hit from Roni and as usual, I'm ready for the next release!